AKRON, Ohio – After a 16-month hiatus due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Akron Symphony Orchestra announced it will offer six free concerts at select outdoor venues this summer.
The Outside Voices concert series will feature music of lesser-known composers, as well as audience favorites.
All concerts begin at 7:30 p.m.
The lineup includes:
- June 19 at Lock 3 in Downtown Akron: This performance will feature the Akron Symphony Strings at the beginning of the concert and the Akron Symphony Symphonic Winds will conclude the night. The performance will include selections from J. Rosamond Johnson, Florence Price, William Grant Still, Jessie Montgomery, Nkeiru Okoye, Gustav Holst and Omar Thomas.
- July 9 at Hale Farm & Village: This concert will feature the Akron Symphony Strings performing works by Clarice Assad, Julia Perry, Antonín Dvořák and Quinn Mason.
- July 11 at Hale Farm & Village: This performance will feature the Akron Symphony Symphonic Winds performing works from Kimberly Archer, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Gustav Holst and William Grant Still.
Presented in partnership with the city of Akron, the August concerts will feature the Akron Symphony Virtuosi performing works from Scott Joplin, Miguel del Águila, W.C. Handy and John Philip Sousa. The concerts are:
- Aug. 1 at Goodyear Metro Park
- Aug. 8 at Firestone Park
- Aug. 15 at Forest Lodge Park
- The Akron Symphony Orchestra is also scheduled to perform following the trophy ceremony at the Bridgestone Senior Players Championship on June 27 at approximately 6:15 p.m. The “American Bandstand” concert will feature 30 symphony members performing works by composers Aaron Copland, John Philip Sousa, Scott Joplin and John Williams. The concert will be held at the Wentz Financial Group Driving Range.
Ohio will announce a second coronavirus vaccine incentive program within the next few days in a new attempt to boost the state’s vaccination rate, Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday.DeWine did not provide details but hinted it could include smaller amounts of money meant...
First child tax credit payment went out this week. What to know about checks, eligibility and opting out!
Most families can look out for a check from the IRS. This first payment as part of the advance child tax credit in 2021 means that most families will be eligible to receive up to $3,600 per child between now and 2022, in a series of monthly payments (mostly). That’s...
بيروت - رويترز - استقال سعد الحريري من منصبه كرئيس للوزراء في لبنان يوم الثالثاء معلنا انه وصلإلى ”طريق مسدود“ في محاولة لحل أزمة نجمت عن احتجاجات ضخمة ضد الطبقة الحاكمة وأغرقتالبالد في االضطرابات. وتشير خطوة السياسي السني البارز إلى تصاعد التوترات السياسية التي قد...
Submit your event
We will be happy to share your events. Please email us the details and pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box: 311001 Independance, Ohio, 44131
+1 (216) 269 3272