The Cleveland Division of the FBI released these surveillance images Sunday of four individuals suspected in multiple carjackings over the past five days in Northeast Ohio.
CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland Division of the FBI on Sunday released photos of four people who are believed to be involved in at least nine violent carjackings since April 28.
The FBI is working with six local police departments to investigate the carjackings, a news release says. The first carjacking took place about 3 p.m. on April 28 on Cleveland’s West Side, with a spree of carjackings following beginning last Wednesday, May 12.
Here’s a brief timeline of the reported carjackings and attempted thefts since May 12, according to the FBI:
- May 12, about 11:30 a.m.: A 2013 Honda Civic was stolen in East Cleveland.
- May 13, about 1:45 a.m.: A 2020 Toyota was stolen at gunpoint on Cleveland’s West, near the intersection of Triskett Road and West 127th Street.
- May 14, about 12:10 a.m.: A 2017 Toyota Rav4 SUV was stolen at gunpoint in Willoughby. The carjackers bumped the victim’s car from behind, and when she got out to check for damage, one of the suspects pointed a gun in her face. She was grabbed in a “bear hug” by another suspect before the vehicle and her personal belongings were stolen.
- May 14, about 11:30 a.m.: A white Dodge Durango was stolen from a Brooklyn Walmart. Two women were approached by the suspects after shopping. One woman was thrown to the ground by her hair.
- May 14, between 11 p.m. and 12 a.m.: A Hyundai Sonata with Alabama license plates was stolen in Euclid. The driver said both a handgun and a long gun were inside the vehicle; the guns have not been found.
- Saturday (May 15), about 2:30 a.m.: When approached by the carjacking suspects in Euclid, the victim resisted and was shot in the leg. No details about the stolen vehicle were provided. The FBI says the victim remains in critical condition.
- Saturday, about 2:37 a.m.: A vehicle was taken in Cleveland Heights. The carjacking suspects fired gunshots at an off-duty police officer during the theft.
- Sunday, about 2:25 a.m.: An attempted carjacking was reported in a hotel parking lot in Willoughby. Witnesses heard gunshots, but no injuries have been reported.
Four of the stolen vehicles have been found in East Cleveland, the FBI news release says. Authorities believe a stolen vehicle has been driven to each of the subsequent carjackings.
Anyone who recognizes the four individuals in the surveillance photos should contact local police or the FBI at 1-877-FBI-OHIO. Tips can remain anonymous, and reward money is available.
Salah Hammouri: Israel deports Palestinian lawyer to France
Israel's interior ministry says it has deported a Palestinian-French human rights lawyer after accusing him of security threats. Salah Hamouri, 37, was escorted onto a flight to France by police early on Sunday morning, the ministry said. A lifelong resident of...
Najib Mikati promises justice for Irish UN peacekeeper killed in Lebanon
Lebanon is determined to uncover the circumstances that led to the killing of an Irish UN peacekeeper, caretaker prime minister Najib Mikati said during a visit to the headquarters of the UN Interim Force in Lebanon (Unifil) on Friday. Private Sean Rooney, 23, was...
US appeals court says lawsuit against Lebanese bank can proceed
A US court of appeals has ruled that cases against Lebanese commercial banks can be tried outside Lebanon, paving the way for more cases by depositors seeking to unlock their frozen funds. The court decision, issued on Thursday in a case brought by Lebanese depositors...
Submit your event
We will be happy to share your events. Please email us the details and pictures at email@example.com
P.O. Box: 311001 Independance, Ohio, 44131
+1 (216) 269 3272