The Cleveland Division of the FBI released these surveillance images Sunday of four individuals suspected in multiple carjackings over the past five days in Northeast Ohio.
CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland Division of the FBI on Sunday released photos of four people who are believed to be involved in at least nine violent carjackings since April 28.
The FBI is working with six local police departments to investigate the carjackings, a news release says. The first carjacking took place about 3 p.m. on April 28 on Cleveland’s West Side, with a spree of carjackings following beginning last Wednesday, May 12.
Here’s a brief timeline of the reported carjackings and attempted thefts since May 12, according to the FBI:
- May 12, about 11:30 a.m.: A 2013 Honda Civic was stolen in East Cleveland.
- May 13, about 1:45 a.m.: A 2020 Toyota was stolen at gunpoint on Cleveland’s West, near the intersection of Triskett Road and West 127th Street.
- May 14, about 12:10 a.m.: A 2017 Toyota Rav4 SUV was stolen at gunpoint in Willoughby. The carjackers bumped the victim’s car from behind, and when she got out to check for damage, one of the suspects pointed a gun in her face. She was grabbed in a “bear hug” by another suspect before the vehicle and her personal belongings were stolen.
- May 14, about 11:30 a.m.: A white Dodge Durango was stolen from a Brooklyn Walmart. Two women were approached by the suspects after shopping. One woman was thrown to the ground by her hair.
- May 14, between 11 p.m. and 12 a.m.: A Hyundai Sonata with Alabama license plates was stolen in Euclid. The driver said both a handgun and a long gun were inside the vehicle; the guns have not been found.
- Saturday (May 15), about 2:30 a.m.: When approached by the carjacking suspects in Euclid, the victim resisted and was shot in the leg. No details about the stolen vehicle were provided. The FBI says the victim remains in critical condition.
- Saturday, about 2:37 a.m.: A vehicle was taken in Cleveland Heights. The carjacking suspects fired gunshots at an off-duty police officer during the theft.
- Sunday, about 2:25 a.m.: An attempted carjacking was reported in a hotel parking lot in Willoughby. Witnesses heard gunshots, but no injuries have been reported.
Four of the stolen vehicles have been found in East Cleveland, the FBI news release says. Authorities believe a stolen vehicle has been driven to each of the subsequent carjackings.
Anyone who recognizes the four individuals in the surveillance photos should contact local police or the FBI at 1-877-FBI-OHIO. Tips can remain anonymous, and reward money is available.
The World Food Programme will give $5.4 billion in aid over the next three years to Lebanon, which is grappling with a devastating economic crisis that has plunged much of the population into poverty. The announcement came after a meeting between caretaker Prime...
Lebanon's Central Bank will adopt an exchange rate for dollar withdrawals that is closer to the crashing currency's real market value, central bank governor Riad Salemeh said in a televised interview on Monday. “We are in the process of unifying the exchange rates”,...
The Taif Accord of 1989, which led to fundamental constitutional changes in Lebanon, reduced the powers of the country’s president. Yet the institution is significant. According to the constitution, the president, who by custom is always a Maronite Christian, is...
Submit your event
We will be happy to share your events. Please email us the details and pictures at firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box: 311001 Independance, Ohio, 44131
+1 (216) 269 3272